Monday, August 26, 2013

My thoughts!

After reviewing the exercises that I had practiced thus far, my pick that I think would enhance me and my family's wellbeing and also foster mental fitness.

The Mind, Spirit and body are one, in recognizing that there is a higher power, I tend to balance my what I do everyday. Spending my time each day by renewing my spirit and reading the word of God.

The loving Kindness exercise opened my eyes to learning to love others irrespective of how much hurt they caused me and being happy in my own skin. Showing others kindness had helped me in healing the hurts.
 Visualization brought much serenity to my life. I was calmer at handling situations because I have been able to observe instead of reacting. It was a great experience getting to know my guide, inner healer, and gift giver. I feel extremely healthy and happy in my body, mind, and spirit.
I make a point of duty to just walk around my neighbor hood reflect and what I have done for day, if I have impacted someone's life, and then easy off tensions, because I have little children that can easily feed off my tension. Meditation helps me in bringing into harmony my body.

Reference:

Dascher S, Elliot (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. CA: Basic Health Publication Inc.

3 comments:

  1. I thought that the visualization exercise was very beneficial because we do not take time to get to know our inner self. This practice allows you to see and experience yourself in this manner. I also found the practice to be very relaxing and many people like myself do not take time to be in a relaxing mode.

    The loving kindness exercise definitely made me experience things from a different perspective especially because with the busy lifestyle that I have, I often do not find time to open my heart to love people. This practice allows you to experience that love factor that is missing in your life.

    However, I am glad that you engage in walking because it is a good method of taking time to see what you have done for the day. It allows you more focus to see the aspects that you have engaged in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanika,

    I found meditation as one of my choices as well. I felt that meditation calmed me more and for me it was a lot easier to connect with. I gained knowledge from all of them that I did not previously have. And, I am sure we will find use for all of them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanika,
    I am glad you were able to experience the benefits of the meditation practices. I too found great benefit in practicing the loving-kindness exercise. It takes me in a place where I can tap into my inner "me". I am able to gain inner peace that can shine through to others.
    Great blog!
    Browny.

    ReplyDelete